June 26, 2011

Odiorne Point


I just arrived back in Massachusetts and I feel totally drained; there’s a very good chance that I’ll be asleep within the hour. I had a great few days with my friends and their kids but wow, that’s more socialization than I normally get in a month.


C's favorite fish
Yesterday I took the boys to Odiorne State Park in Rye New Hampshire. If you’re passing through the state and fail to stop at this awesome piece of history, you’re trip is practically wasted. The park was used as a fort in WWII and a bunker was built on the property and disguised as a hill. There are now cannon shells on display as well as miles of hiking trails right on the ocean. The boys and I did some rock hopping to look at tidal pools, picked up some trash (our drop of daily karma), played on the playground, and visited the Seacoast Science Center. I use to the come here when I was a kid but they’ve added tons of stuff, like a replica of the Coast Guard’s boat that kids can steer, lots of interactive exhibits, indoor tidal pools where people can touch starfish and sea urchins, and many many aquariums of local fish. There’s even a piece of a shipwreck! It was a lot of fun, but by the end of the day we were all exhausted. Despite this they still had me up at 6am, which worked well. My father’s birthday is today and I got to swing by their house on the way back to Mass and have birthday breakfast with the folks, the dogs, the cat (the sheep, the chickens…).
The Coast Guard Boat
Oh! I got to meet my father’s new puppy, Freya; a pure bred German Shepard. He’s been searching for one for years and found her a few states away. She’s beautiful, hyper, toothy, and very fluffy. I want one. 

I can't  believe tomorrow's Monday. I got a paycheck so I'm feeling less broke but I have so  much homework to do! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. We love you Ash!! Thank you for coming up for the bears graduation, it was awesome having you here, thanks again for taking them yesterday, I never would have made it 10.25miles with them.
    Glad you got home safe, I'll call you later this week.

    Love u

    ReplyDelete

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com