December 12, 2012

Colder and Colder


“Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies- 
"God damn it, you've got to be kind.” 
― Kurt Vonnegut


It's that time of year, the weather is getting cold and I've been getting a lot emails from people moving into temporary housing for the winter. Think of the number of time you walked outside on a cold winter morning to scrape the car off and let it warm up before heading off to work. When you live in a car or van that's what you sleep in each night!

I lived in the Jetta last winter and it could get pretty chilly in the wee hours of the morning. I was lucky because I spent most of my time on a college campus and only slept in my freezing cold car (in a nest of blankets that never go under 65 degrees with body heat).

I've been feeling antsy the past few weeks, which is what usually happens once I get settled in to a new place and a new routine. Nothing major, just wondering what the next step will be. Despite the long commitment I've been revisiting the possibility of the Peace Corp, but, in fairness, there probably isn't much call for a sociologist anyway.

I'm home sick again today, work told me not to bother, so I'm going to get things accomplished! Wrap presents, write my lesson plan, watch movies... I'll try to get something accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com