December 22, 2011

Thanks Peanut Gallery!

Thanks to all of my life coaches out there for giving me some great advice on a potential New Orleans move. It sounds like the city has mixed reviews from residents, both former and current, but in general people seemed to think the benifits of the teaching job would outweigh the risks. I still have some people to chat with and my mind probubly won't be made up until the morning after I graduate, but I'm on the right track.

About ten years ago my sister and I drove to New Orleans where I was planning to get a job and settle down. Thanks to a tropical storm and the hostel's evacuation we ended up bumming around Texas and Colorado for a bit, but I really liked what I saw.

General concencious is that whatever I choose I won't be able to stick with it for more than a year thanks to an incredably short attention span. If you have advice or opinions, send them along.

2 comments:

  1. There are opportunities like this all over the south. If you are concerned about your personal safety, look into another area. We are absolutely dieing for good teachers down here and you can make an impact. Even if you only touch one child is that not enough? You might find that you enjoy it so much that it will be for more than just one year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Colleen. Just head south and educate.

    A Jetta... Wow.

    ReplyDelete

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com