Though we are having trouble pinning down the exact plans, it looks like I'm heading to Tampa Florida with some friends for New Years.
- I will leave from mass and drive the Go-Go Gadget red car to Pennsylvania to meet a friend.
- We'll drive her car to DC where we will potentially meet another friend and spend the day bumming around the city. I haven't been to DC since I was thirteen so I have really been wanting to go back.
- The now three of us will drive the 900 miles to Tampa where we will be reunited with a bunch of old friends from all over the country. New Years Eve will be awesome
- While I think leaving Florida on January 1st is a bad plan, we will at some point drive North, maybe stopping in Savannah along the way.
- 900 miles (and a bit) later and I'll get my car from Pennsylvania and drive back to Mass.
My questions to you, ladies and gentlemen:
- Is there anything that we would be crazy not to see along this route? I haven't been down south in almost ten years and, besides a few sections of Virginia, I didn't spend a lot of time there.
- Are there any good places to rest along the way? While I am use to vehicle living and more than happy to crash in a store parking lot, the other passengers are pretty green. Does anyone know of a good out of the way camping area, maybe in Virginia, that we could crash? I'll have to check out the free camping site before the trip.
The World is a book,
and those who do not travel read only a page.