“It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are,
far more than our abilities.”
I was offered a position at a ski resort in Vermont working with at a daycare with both the children of guests and employees. Here I go with my pros and cons list:
- When I'm not playing in the classroom I get to teach two and three year olds to ski! (about three times a day)
- I could live in Vermont, which I really enjoy
- I get a seasons ski pass to the mountain
- I get points I can use towards golfing lessons, a gym membership or other resort amenities (the whole points system is a little strange, but I'm sure it's cool)
- No lesson plans, just day care so less work
- Less money, $9.80/hr when I'm making $11/hr now and can probably finagle $12
- There is employee housing available for about $500, but I would be sharing a room with two other people and a house with about fifteen.
- If I can't live really close to the mountain I'll need transportation of some kind which mean the car will have to be fixed anyhow.
- Day care doesn't really give me the same hands on teaching experience that my current job does.
|Me at ski school many many years ago. (3rd in from the left at the top with the pom pom and my sister is in front of me)|
So peanut gallery, you haven't steered me wrong yet. What do you think? Stay put and save for the winter or take a leap and spend the season skiing in Vermont. I have to let them know by Friday so...