November 18, 2011

Tony and My Missing Phone


What a morning! I studied in the English building last night and by the time I get back to my car I couldn’t find my phone. I charged it in one of the rooms but I have no idea where it went after that. That means I didn’t have an alarm to wake up to (I still woke up at 7am) and I spent the morning retracing my steps. This phone is seven years old and has been lost more times than a tourist in Thailand so I’m hoping it will turn up someplace obvious.

Because I woke up later than usual Tony, the local solicitor that I mentioned in the coffee fixes everything post, was at his usual intersection. I got him a coffee and we chatted for a while about our plans for the approaching winter. Tony lives in the donation bin at Salvation Army. He says that there are always a ton of comforters in there and he’s planning on getting a space heater. He sets his alarm for 5am so he’s out of there before people show up and start dumping clothes on him, but the metal walls keep the night wind out which is half the battle. He knows there’s a shelter just down the road that he can stay in, but there’s something about having a space all your own that gives a feeling of independence and control in an otherwise chaotic life.

In other news the date for Rubber Tramp Rendezvous has been set for January 10-24 (See the Cheap Living site for more details). I’m super bummed that I’m not going to make it down due to the unreliability of the go-go gadget red car, but I really want to have a New England get together for those who can’t make the trip. What say you, vehicle dweller community? Those interested but not quite dwellers would of course be welcome also but shoot me an email if you’re in the area and want to meet up for a weekend.

It’s Friday, so enjoy the last of the week and November’s half way point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com