November 17, 2012

Jackson Pollock

Every good painter paints what he is.
-Jackson Pollock

I think I've mentioned that I'm teaching the kids geography through art; Russia through Kandinsky, the Neatherlands through Avercamp, etc. So far their favorite artist is Jackson Pollock, so I ordered this poster and it arrived today! Each Friday in my class is "Free Friday", where the kids get to write the schedule and decide what activities we're going to do and this last Friday they voted to play with the Lego castle and "make abstract art." My kids are the best!

In other news, I've been sick all week. It's that lingering cold that you get from hugging nine sick children every day. Bla. Oh! And my roommate's cat had fleas. Yeah, go figure. We've been combing, frontlining, and washing everything in sight in hopes of curbing the little buggers.

New Country by Jean-Luc Ponty on Grooveshark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com