November 29, 2012

On Foot & in Style

We're fast approaching the end of November (crazy, right?) and that means I've been living in town and walking to work for a month. I'm car-less, but in a city where I can catch the bus or walk to the store. As far as bills I guess that I've traded one expense for another. I pay rent, but not gas or car repairs. I miss the freedom of my car, being able to go where I want when I want, but I'm making due with my smaller world.

A side effect of my limited mobility is that there is really only one grocery store I can shop at regularly and right now Thanksgiving leftovers are on super sale. I'm broke, so I've been eating a lot of acorn squash and trying to figure out a good pumpkin recipe.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've developed an earring fetish that threatens to become my main disposable income expense. I got my ears pierced when I was a kid, but really never wore earrings, except to weddings and funerals and the like. Then I became a classroom teacher and found that few things entertain young children like jewelry. Jingly jewelry! Oh well, I'm an imperfect person. 

1 comment:

  1. I love earrings too! I am ridiculous about it - I feel that I need to have a pair to go with each and every outfit or shirt I own. I'm out of control.

    ReplyDelete

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com