April 17, 2012

Break Out The Fan

“The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; 
and the pessimist fears this is true.” 
- James Branch Cabell

My long weekend is over and done with and, like any good holiday, it was completely unproductive. Sunday was 90 degrees (yeah, in April) and the campus lawns were littered with college students angling for a tan. Honestly some of the novelty was lacking due to the unseasonably warm winter, but that didn't stop me from taking some nice long walks.

The downside of hot weather is that a car (as you might imagine) heats up pretty fast on a hot day. I woke up Sunday morning to delirious stickiness, so hot that the weight of the heat made me was to roll over and go back to sleep. I would have but I started wondering if I could legitimately roast to death. Time to get some new DD batteries for the fan and put away the rest of my blankets!

Today the college is on a Monday schedule, which is going to throw me off for the rest of the week. As of today I have exactly two weeks of classes left and it hasn't really sunk in that it's almost over. So much to get done!


1 comment:

  1. Ah, wait until you get to New Orleans. As a very good friend who is from there said without malice about the Big Easy .... It's not just the heat, it's the stupidity. Hehe

    ReplyDelete

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com