My biggest challenge this year has been my own wants and needs. Well, mainly my wants. I go searching for a cookbook for a friend and find three that I really want or an order arrives in the mail and I wonder if maybe I should just keep it and get them something else. My violin was my big gift to myself and I'm loving it! I try to play every day and, though progress is slow, I'm improving.
Quiche RecipeYou will need:
- 1 bunch of green onions diced
- 1 package of mushrooms choped in 1/4
- 10 slices of capacola
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Pie crust (premade is ok)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a skillet melt 1/2 cup of butter
- Dice green onion and add to skillet. Cook until wilted, about three minutes
- Slice capacola into strips and add to the skillet along with the chopped mushrooms. Cook everything for about five minutes then add 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Pour skillet contents into the pie crust.
- Whip the four eggs, milk, a good pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Cook in the oven for ten minutes then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Put it back in the oven and cook until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for five minutes before serving.