February 19, 2012

NH Weekend

It's been a while since I visited New Hampshire so after work on Friday I jumped in the Jetta, cranked Terrapin Station, and hit the highway. You might remember that I was going to go up last weekend but had to get a new ball joint so the trip was postponed. Now that I had that problem fixed I still not quit out of the woods. The drive up was very much like riding in a blender or maybe on one of those vibrating conveyor belts that separates the wheat from the chaff. The ball joint kept the tire on, but she really needs a front end alignment. I'm going to have it done up here before I head back down (Tax Free New Hampshire!).

So it's a three day weekend (President's Day) and am having some relaxation time. This morning I woke up to C, his nose almost touching mine. I open my eyes and he says "Ashy, you're hogging the pillow", smiles, and then karate chops me in the abdomen. Happy Sunday Morning!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, now I have to know how you know about a thresher.

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swedish Man survives 2 months inside snowed-in car
    Last Updated On 19 February,2012
    The man might have survived so long by going into a kind of hibernation, doctors said.

    A Swedish man has survived being trapped in his snow-covered car for two months without food, police say.

    The car was found on Friday at the end of a forest track more than 1 km (0.6 miles) from a main road in northern Sweden.
    Police say the temperature in the area had recently dropped to -30C (-22F).

    The man, who was too weak to utter more than a few words, said he had been inside since 19 December. He may have survived by drinking melted snow.

    Police say they have no reason to doubt his story.

    The man, who has not been named, is recovering at Umea University Hospital - where staff say he is doing well considering the circumstances.

    The man was huddled in a sleeping bag on the back seat, said policeman Ebbe Nyberg.

    "He was in a very poor state. Poor condition. He said he d been there for a long time and had survived on a little snow.
    "He said himself he hadn t eaten anything since December," Mr Nyberg said.

    Doctors at the Umea University Hospital said they would normally expect a person to survive without food for around four weeks, said the Vasterbotten Courier.

    One doctor told the newspaper that the man might have survived so long by going into a kind of hibernation.

    Ash...how about an interview with this guy on your blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne, I'm a farm girl from Southern New Hampshire. One of those small towns where such things are still used (along with the odd butter churn).

    As for the hibernating dude, that is a mighty cool winter survival story and I will keep my eye out for his name. Even though "Doctors at the Umea University Hospital said they would normally expect a person to survive without food for around four weeks" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make it that long.

    ReplyDelete

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com