February 17, 2012

DIY Stationary

I love the computer age. With websites like Facebook and speed of light email I can stay in touch with friends on the other side of the country or down the block with the click of a button. However, just as I love my Kindle but still pine for the smell of a hardcover, I love getting and especially sending snail mail.

Nothing can beat physically holding a letter in your hand and on those days when all you're expecting is bills it's nice to find a card waiting for you. I've found lots of ways to send snail mail, like Hallmark and CardStore, but I also like making my cards. Stamps are the best way I've found for me to get maximum use for minimum dollars and the note here are a kind of sample. The card stock was a few bucks on sale at the craft store and the stamp was $1. I pick up new stamps as I find them and can now make some pretty cool stationary when I want to send a "hey how are ya?" or a quick note. Try it out. Surprise someone. Keep the USPS in business. 

2 comments:

  1. I love to get real mail much like you! What a pleasant surprise to go to the mailbox and find a handwritten note amongst the bills. My husband is especially good at this as a matter of fact I recieved a love note from him in the mail yesterday and it made my whole day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot more meaningful to receive a letter or a postcard than an email. Not sure if the internet has increased the effect physical mail can have or simply made it less common.

    ReplyDelete

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com