August 17, 2011

Helpful Sites


So, I have a lot of emails to go through; forgive me if I haven't returned yours yet. People have sent me some great and really useful links plus I've come across a few:
  • Find a Spring: An international map of natural springs. Very cool and fun to visit
  • If you're looking for some great stories, check out Hank at The Lost Wolf.
  •  I'm not huge on the survivalist movements (those I've met are very often way over the top) but they do have great ideas and, let's face it, we're all on the alternative fringes of society. With this in mind, check out these sites.
    • Survival Spot: They have some great clothing options as well as alternative energy options and other stuff
    • Survivalist Boards: A forum with some really interesting people. You can pick up all sorts of things
  • The Other Mobile Home: A kind of funny/kind of true 12 step guide to living out of you car
  • Ten Cars You Can Live In After Your Home Is Repossessed: The Jetta is not on there, but it should be 
  • Finally, I've posted it before but will do it again. Cheap RV Living is probably the best source for those thinking of the mobile lifestyle. Most, if not all, of your questions will be answered and you'll get some great ideas
So, check them out and see what you can use.

On a totally different note:
The microwave multi-cooker is a great success. Things I’ve learned:
  • The first day I made pasta
    • Make sure the pasta will remain covered by water even after expanding
  • The second day I steamed veggies
    • Veggies shrink and a full pot of broccoli and mushrooms shrink down to a lunch size serving

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com