May 14, 2011

Cleaning "House"


It’s Saturday and, for lack of anything better to do, I decided to “clean house.” I took the futon mattress out of the car and started stripping bed linen so I could do laundry this afternoon. I’m not sure if I mentioned this, but there was a time when my trunk would leak; there was so much stuff built up that water would just run into the back. What does dampness and warmth create? Mold people, it creates mold. The bottom of my mattress was discoloring quickly. I picked up a bottle of Oxi Clean non chlorine spray and I’m hoping that will fix it. I would rather not have respiratory issues from the black lung! So, the tip of the day is: When living in your car, clean often. Small enclosed spaces have all sorts of issues that big apartments don’t and they are harder to spot, mainly because all your crap is on top of it.


Now that I've done some real work I'll be listening To Guster and reading trashy books in the grass for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, every so often one needs to remove everything, scrub, pitch & toss. The trick is to find a place to DO it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people at the grocery store do give me strange looks...

    ReplyDelete

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com