May 30, 2011

Memorial Day


Yesterday evening I took a little road trip to Heifer International’s Overlook Farm in Rutland MA. If you’re around central mass (and I mean dead central) you should definitely check them out. They have a camel, they have water buffalo, they have llamas, they have it all. It's open to the public and they offer educational programing to groups. As much as I love the farm, I actually went to see some friends who I don’t get to visit with very often. Some beers, some burgers and a ton of chatter; if you’re reading, thanks for a great evening!

I slept over that the farm (seeing as I brought my home) and this morning headed towards Worcester to spend my Memorial Day afternoon with yet another friend (yes, that’s “friend’s” plural). We watched The King’s Speech (which was great) and ate key lime pie (which was greater). We even visited a couple of nurseries and I preplanned my Tasha Tudor like old lady garden.

All in all, a super productive 24 hours. Hope everyone had a great holiday and got to sit through at least one parade.

2 comments:

  1. Now you're REALLY in my old stomping grounds. If you were on 290 you drove right over my old house, practically. Love Overlook Farm!

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worcester is about 45 minutes away from me! Next time you're that close, lemme know, maybe we can meet up in that miserable little town. Or (even better) we can hang out in Purgatory Chasm.

    ReplyDelete

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com