July 12, 2011

Making Hummus

Not a super eventful day but I did have my last session #2 classes which means session #3 starts tomorrow and the summer is 2/3 of the way over.  

I finally got to make the lemon garlic hummus found in Road Recipes. You can see the price of the meal below. Canned chick peas mush really well and it only took a few minutes and a spoon to put together. Tips for next time? Smaller pieces of garlic. Wowza.
 

Meal
Item
Cost
Breakfast
Orange
$.30
Lunch
Rice Side
$1.00
Dinner
Hummus!


Can chick peas
$.89

Lemon Juice
$2.00*

Garlic clove
$.50**

Bread
$2.00
Total

$6.69

*The store I went to only had the 15 oz bottle but there are smaller bottles for much cheaper, or buy a lemon!
**I could have bought the minced garlic but have nowhere to store it…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love mail so leave a message, ask a question, or give me some advice. You can also email me at Thetuckerbag@gmail.com